13 July 2010

Does your laptop computer overheat?

I happen to have a 4 year old laptop computer that overheats. For the last year I have had a cooling pad device that sits under it. The USB part that plugged into the computer worked fine but the end that plugged into the device itself was too loose. I was having all kinds of computer issues as it was not being kept cool enough.

I did some online research and found a good replacement. I didn't want to wait so I went to Office Depot and actually found the one I wanted in the store! It is a "Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad." It has one fan and you need no power other than plugging it into a USB port on your computer. This brand has space between the computer and the device for air to circulate. It can be elevated by popping open the stand and this also helps to circulate the air.

I have no financial interest in either Belkin or Office Depot but thought I would share this information on a product that really does work. I feel this has bought me some time to save more before I must buy a new laptop. This is the only computer I have so I really appreciate this product.

No comments: