On 4 March 2011 Cyndi's List will turn 15. I know she has a teenage son and this means two teenagers in her house. (Oh I don't envy her! However, I know her and she does quite well with both teens!) I went to her site and found these statistics.
- Cyndi's List has been online since March 4, 1996.
- In the beginning there were 1,025 links. Today there are more than 291,000.
- This site continues to be one of the top research spots online for genealogy.
- Cyndi's List has always been free for everyone to use.
- To date, Cyndi's List has been supported solely by advertisements.
- This site is in the process of a major upgrade, the first since 1998.
- Goals for upgrading would include easier use for both the administrator and site visitors, making adding and updating links a quicker process for everyone. Improved navigation and other features are also on the to-do list.
I did ask her a few questions and found out it costs $300 a month to host the web site on a commercial server. The upgrades will be done by a professional web development company to make the site an easier thing to maintain and to use.
If you go to the site, you can send her a bit of money to help out with something that will benefit us all. I am going to do just that. www.cyndislist.com