31 October 2012

Minnesota Genealogy Ambassador Award

Earlier this month at the banquet during the Minnesota Genealogical Society's annual North Star Conference, I was presented with an award. It's the "Minnesota Genealogy Ambassador Award for representing Minnesota on the national genealogy scene and bringing honor to Minnesota genealogy."

It was an easy award to win and receive. Easy to win because I love Minnesota and the fantastic resources for family and social history. I love talking about my home state and those resources. I have been a member of the Minnesota Genealogical Society for 30 years (well, I did forget to renew for a time) and was one of the founders of the MGS library. Of course I promote MGS!

There are many other Minnesota residents who are also good ambassadors for the state, for Minnesota history, genealogy, and MGS. I am honored to be chosen.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Paula! An appropriate award for one who promotes genealogy everywhere she goes. I'm looking forward to soaking up some learning from you at the Lake County (IL) Gen Soc Workshop.

Paula Stuart-Warren said...

Thank you, Doug. Looking forward to seeing you again.