Some pages require that you ask to join and be accepted into the group. Others simply hope that you "like" the page. Whether you are on Facebook now or will be joining, be sure to click on that cog wheel in the upper right hand corner and then on settings where you will be able to set various privacy and notifications parameters.
I am learning and also having fun with some of these pages. I love the pages about St. Paul history. Most of my life was spent in St. Paul. A few of my favorite Facebook pages:
- Old St. Paul Minn : www.facebook.com/groups/190978714441142/
- St. Paul Revisited: www.facebook.com/SaintPaulRevisited
- You know you're from Roseville MN when. . . .www.facebook.com/groups/187655801277036/ [All the cousins on my Stuart side grew up in Roseville, my family has shopped in Roseville forever, and I now live in Roseville.]
- Mountain View Historical Association: www.facebook.com/MVHistory [My oldest son was born in Mountain View, California when we lived there for a year.]
- Rawdon Historical Society: www.facebook.com/groups/162120912771/ [My Copping ancestors settled in Rawdon, Quebec, Canada in the early 1800s.]