I have several localities where I wish my family had settled just because of the great information online from the county or city. A few of these are:
- Alachua County [Florida] County Clerk of the Court's website of "Ancient Records" www.alachuaclerk.org/archive/default.cfm
- Oakland County [Michigan] Genealogy Research Service www.oakgov.com/clerkrod/vital_records/pages/genealogy.aspx
- Ulster County [New York] Clerk Archives Division www.co.ulster.ny.us/archives/database.html
- DeKalb County [Illinois] Clerk & Recorder Online Genealogy search www.dekalbgenealogy.com/
- Marriage indexes, dating back to 1864
- Birth indexes, dating back to 1903 with some delayed birth records from the 1800
You may have already guessed that I have no ancestral connections to Collin County, Texas! Dangitall.