02 March 2010

March 5th, 2010: 7:00 p.m. Central Time

I don't know if I can wait three more days. This Friday evening the U.S. edition of Who Do You Think You Are? premiers on NBC TV. In the Minneapolis/St. Paul area that is KARE, channel 11. At 7:00 p.m. my bowl of popcorn and I will be sitting in front of the television.

As a firm believer in the pursuit of family history and our place in history, I applaud Lisa Kudrow's dedication that enabled this series in the U.S. As a genealogical educator I applaud the sharing of the journey. I also congratulate Ancestry.com for their sponsorship of the series. Last weekend I presented a genealogy seminar in Whittier, California and this series was the talk of the day.
 
I did an earlier blog posting about one of my friends who is featured on the March 5th show as one of the people who worked on Sarah Jessica Parker's family history. Josh Taylor works at the New England Historic Genealogical Society. Click here for a clip from that show.

Many print, radio, and television outlets are spotlighting this show over this week and the coming weeks. Ancestry.com, a major sponsor of the show shared this info today:

Here's a list of a few shows to watch for (all dates/times are subject to change):
*        Wednesday, March 3
o       Today Show (NBC) - 8-9 am
o       The View (ABC - check your local TV listings)
o       The Joy Behar Show (HLN - Headline News) - 9 pm ET

*        Friday, March 5
o       Today Show (NBC) - 10-11 am

*        Monday, March 8
o       Martha Stewart (check your local TV listings)

*        Tuesday, March 9
o       Oprah (check your local TV listings) [this will be an entire hour about family history]
o       Craig Ferguson (CBS late night)

*        Friday, March 19
o       Bonnie Hunt (check your local TV listings)

1 comment:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

I can't wait to see this, and to compare it to the PBS "Faces of America." Did you see the D rating WDYTYA got in Entertainment Weekly, (as per Barbara Poole's blog "Life from the Roots")? Hopefully the rest of America won't feel that genealogy is boring!